ForsythKids Improves Health by Providing:
- A dental exam, which detects cavities
- Teeth cleanings
- Fluoride varnish to strengthen teeth
- Sealants to prevent bacteria and food particles from getting caught in the grooves of teeth
- Guidance on how to take care of teeth
- Free toothbrushes and toothpastes
- Referrals to dentists for treatment of existing decay
Additional Oral Health Resources
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry provides several excellent resources for learning more about children’s oral health. Visit their parent portal at http://www.mychildrensteeth.org.
Find a dentist through the American Dental Association web site.
Forsyth also has a dental practice located in Cambridge, Mass. Visit Forsyth Faculty Associates to learn more.
Tips for Kids:
- Ask your parents and your dentist what you can do to have a healthy mouth
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time
- Make healthy habits like good nutrition a part of every day
Tips for Parents:
- Children should brush with a toothpaste containing fluoride
- When your child brushes encourage them to spit out excessive toothpaste
- Preventative care including fluoride treatments and the application of sealants is the best approach to dental health
- Injuries, falls or blows to the head and face can lead to problems in the jaw joints now or in the future—always check with a dentist