Forsyth Student Scholars Summer Internship Program
The Forsyth Institute Student Scholars Summer Internship Program exposes high-school students to the exciting and rewarding world of scientific research. Created in 1993, the program allows students to work side-by-side in the laboratory with world-renowned scientists engaged in cutting-edge research. The goals are to teach students what scientific research involves, and to allow students to perform hands-on scientific research.
The Forsyth Student Scholars Program includes an eight-week internship for Massachusetts high school students. The program pairs students with Forsyth faculty researchers as mentors. Interns learn basic laboratory techniques by participating in mentors’ research projects in a productive and enriching scientific environment. At the end of the program, students present their findings. For these young interns, the Forsyth Student Scholars program is often their first "real job” and may be their first step toward a future career in the sciences.
- Paid internships thanks to our sponsors
- Mentorship by world-renowned scientists (Forsyth faculty)
- Weekly presentations to fellow students and mentors
- Weekly college-level lectures by Forsyth scientists in expertise areas (e.g. oral health research, immunology, microbiology)
- Final scientific poster presentation to the Boston area scientific and Forsyth communities
- Currently enrolled in an under-resourced high school in the metro Boston area or self-identify as economically disadvantaged. Applicants must be from underrepresented backgrounds, identify as economically disadvantaged, or attend school in underserved communities.
- Fully available weekdays from July 1 - August 23, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Strong motivation to learn how to perform scientific research
For more information contact StudentScholars@forsyth.org or
Dr. Megan Pugach-Gordon, Director 617-892-8405
Dr. Martin Taubman, Intern Advisor 617-892-8314
Ms. Anna Rivkin, Program Coordinator 617-892-8366
Application Posted: January 2, 2019
Application Due: April 5, 2019
Notification of Acceptance: May 1, 2019
Please consider making a donation below to support the Forsyth Student Scholars Program:
Thank you to our current sponsors: