Co-Founder and Managing Partner of CareCapital Advisors Limited
Dai is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of CareCapital Advisors Limited, one of the most prolific investors in dental innovation, focusing on digital dentistry around the world, and in emerging markets dental distribution, dental services and professional training.
Dai is Co-Founder and Managing Partner of CareCapital Advisors Limited, one of the most prolific investors in dental innovation, focusing on digital dentistry around the world, and in emerging markets dental distribution, dental services, and professional training. Dai's professional mission is to ensure dental entrepreneurs and inventors have supportive guidance and resources to execute their innovation strategy, and the spread of US dental care standards in emerging markets. Current portfolios include:
- Digital imaging and scanning: a leading imaging technology company in US and Europe
- Digital Orthodontics: second largest player in the world, and innovative new startups
- Clinic management software: leader in China, and in US orthodontics and implant clinics
- Oral care and prevention: innovative new startups for preventive care
- Largest distribution and training company in China and innovative startups in this area
- Clinics in Asia for professional training and research, and new innovative clinic models
Prior to co-founding CareCapital, Dai was a Partner of Warburg Pincus, one of the oldest venture firms in the United States, and particularly strong in medical technology. At Warburg Pincus, Dai built and led healthcare investment in Asia, where he served for 11 years. During his tenure, Dai nurtured a number of companies in cardiology devices, consumer health, plasma therapy and eye-care that became large and successful businesses. Dai is a graduate magna cum laude of Harvard College in Engineering.